2007 Exploring What is a ‘Good’ Forest Opening
Exploring What is a 'Good' Forest Opening and is the Future a concern? January 30, 2007.
For the last several decades, the big issue has been the protection and/or development of old growth forest. But many species rely on conditions provided in post-disturbance, younger forests.
- Jerry Franklin - Early seral forest: a diminishing resource?
- Fred Swanson - Historical Creation of Early Seral Habitat: Fire, Wind, Bugs...
- Janet L. Ohmann - Trends in Early Seral Forest at the Stand and Landscape Scale
- Paul D. Anderson - Trends in Early Seral Forest at the Stand and Landscape Scales
- Cheryl Friesen - What are the components of high quality early seral forests?
- Joan Hagar - Birds and Mammals and Herps
- Doug Cottam - Big Game in Early Seral Forests
- Andy Moldenke - Insects in Early Seral Habitats
- John A. Litvaitis - Case Study From Our Neighbors in the Eastern U.S.
- K. Norman Johnson - Policies to Encourage Diverse, Early Seral Forest in Oregon: What Might We Do?
- Pete Holmberg - Early Seral Foresty: A State Trust Lands Perspective
- Andy Gray - Alternatives for creating early seral forest openings
- Early Seral Forest: Panel Discussion